In 2017 the following events form the Karrie Webb Series (in calendar order):
• Queensland Stroke Play
• Dunes Medal
• Tasmanian Stroke Play
• Victorian Amateur (Port Phillip Stroke Play)
• Australian Amateur (Stroke Play Qualifying)
• Avondale Medal
• NSW Amateur (Stroke Play Qualifying)
• Federal Women's Amateur Championship
• Women’s Australian Open
• Vic Open
• Riversdale Cup
• South Australian Stroke Play
• West Australian Stroke Play
Click here to view the final 2017 Karrie Webb Series standings
Specific details of the Karrie Webb Series are:
1. There are approximately 12 qualifying events held across Australia – at least one in each State.
2. Minimum standards are established for conducting the events by Golf Australia (number of players, quality of golf course, scheduling dates).
3. Players are awarded points based on finishing position (forms a subset of the Australian Amateur Ranking System).
4. Points are weighted according to the quality of competition.
5. Players must compete in a minimum of six events from the Series to qualify.
6. Total points are accumulated from the best six finishes regardless of the number of events contested.
7. The Series will run annually and conclude each year in May.
Karrie Webb Scholarship
The Karrie Webb Scholarship is a partnership between Golf Australia and Karrie Webb.
2016: Hannah Green (WA) and Karis Davidson (Qld)
2015: Hannah Green (WA) and Julienne Soo (VIC)
2014: Minjee Lee (WA) and Su Hyun Oh (VIC)
2013: Minjee Lee (WA) and Su Hyun Oh (VIC)
2012: Breanna Elliott (VIC) and Whitney Hillier (WA)
2011: Ashley Ona (QLD) and Jessica Speechley (WA)
2010: Stacey Keating (VIC) and Jessica Speechley (WA)
2009: Stacey Keating (VIC) and Julia Boland (NSW)
2008: Stephanie Na (SA) and Kristie Smith (WA)
The objectives of the Karrie Webb Scholarship are:
1. The promotion of women’s golf in Australia
2. Improve the quality of the development programs for elite Australian women golfers
3. Provide increased opportunities for international playing experiences for elite women athletes
4. Inspire young women golfers through direct association with Karrie Webb
5. Recognise Karrie Webb’s contribution to Australian golf by way of meaningful support for female golfers
Two Scholarships are awarded on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Performance in “The Karrie Webb Series” (see information below)
2. Community work supported by the individual (either inside or outside of golf)
3. Performance as an ambassador for golf in Australia and overseas
4. Shows outstanding demeanour both on and off the golf course
5. Must be Australian citizens
The key aspects of the Scholarships are:
1. Two scholarships to the value of $10,000 to be spent on international travel and playing experiences over the northern hemisphere summer (funded by Karrie Webb)
2. Mentoring support from Karrie Webb for the duration of the Scholarship
Experiences enjoyed by past Scholarship recipients:
1. Visit with Karrie Webb at an LPGA event
2. Train with Karrie Webb during this visit (if logistically possible)
3. Play a practice round with Karrie at nominated event
Scholarship recipients are selected by Karrie Webb following recommendations from the National Selectors in May each year following the completion of the Series and prior to a northern hemisphere summer trip.