The Australian Amateur Ranking System provides players, as well as the industry, the opportunity to monitor player movements based on results from particular events (known as Australian Ranking Events), across the peak of amateur golf in Australia.
Conditions to Determine the Winner of the 2017 Australian Men's Senior Rankings
Counting Events for 2017 Australian Men's Senior Ranking System
View the current top 40 in the Australian Men's Senior Rankings
View ALL players in the Australian Men's Senior Rankings
Frequently Asked Questions
PREVIOUS YEAR'S RANKINGS:
2016 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Greg Rhodes (Vic)
2015 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Greg Rhodes (Vic)
2014 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Gordon Claney (Vic)
2013 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Stefan Albinski (NSW)
2012 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Peter King (Qld)
2011 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Stefan Albinski (NSW)
2010 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Stefan Albinski (NSW)
2009 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Stefan Albinski (NSW)
2007-2008 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Rick Oliver (NSW)
2006-2007 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Denis Dale (NSW)
2005-2006 Final Rankings: Winner ~ Denis Dale (NSW)
Senior Team Selection
For all Australian Senior Teams, players must:
• be an Australian citizen;
• be a member of a currently-affiliated golf club; and
• if relevant, satisfy particular tournament eligibility criteria (in the conditions for the tournament for which a player is being considered for selection).
Note: The GA Championship Committee reserves the right to veto a selection, including “automatic selections”, where, in its absolute discretion, it feels a player’s record, behaviour, disciplinary history or participation is not in the best interests of the game or the relevant event.
The criteria below applies to the following events.
ASIA-PACIFIC TEAMS CHAMPIONSHIP:
2017 Event: 18-20 October at Royal Adelaide Golf Club
The 2017 selections will be made following the Qld Senior Amateur on 31 July - 2 August 2017.
• Top four (4) players from the Australian Senior Rankings as at time of selection
• Two (2) players at the discretion of GA
The two players selected at the discretion of GA will be required to meet the following criteria:
i. Any player of outstanding ability who will have attained the age of 55 at the time of the event even if they have not played in any Australian Senior Ranking events should be considered for selection as a GA selection.
ii. A player cannot be a GA selection on more than two (2) consecutive occasions unless they are the Australian champion.
SANCTUARY COVE TROPHY:
2017 Event: 9-11 July at Sanctuary Cove Golf and Country Resort.
Dernis Dale has been named Captain of the 2017 Golf Australia Team. For any queries, please contact Denis on:
Phone: 0410 537 304
• Top eight (8) available players from the Australian Senior Rankings
• Two (2) places at the discretion of GA
• Two (2) players at the discretion of the Captain, provided that the two (2) picks come from the top 25 of the Australian Senior Rankings
i. The Captain should be non-playing and have extensive Senior golfing, administrative or representative experience.
ii. GA will select the Captain and consult with them on the two (2) GA picks where necessary.
iii. The Captain will be named at least four (4) months in advance of the event.
iv. The Captain, subject to availability, should be named for two (2) Sanctuary Cove events whenever the schedule (i.e. Australia in September and New Zealand in February) is closely set down
Click here to visit the 2017 Event Page
2017 Event: 26-28 March at The National Golf Club
The 2017 ADF Team will be selected following the Royal Melbourne Senior Classic from 16-18 January 2017.
Mike Peeck has been named Captain of the Golf Australia Team. For any queries, please contact Mike on:
Phone: 0408 621 389
1. As the event is not sponsored, players are required to make their way to the host club and contribute to the cost of the course (incl carts), accommodation and meals (estimated at $320). Players are required to stay with the team.
2. The team consists of 12 players.
3. Male players who have been selected in the previous Asia-Pacific Team or Sanctuary Cove Trophy Team are ineligible for selection. Similarly, should the next Asia-Pacific Team or Sanctuary Cove Trophy Team have been selected at the time of the ADF team selection, those players are also ineligible.
4. The team shall be selected as follows:
a. The leading one (1) male player from each State and Territory from the Australian Men's Senior Ranking System (provided they are in the top 40 of the Ranking System as at the time of selection and comply with point 3 above.)
b. The leading two (2) female players from the Australian Women's Senior Ranking System (provided they are in the top 40 of the Ranking System as at the time of selection)
c. Two (2) Captain’s picks (may be male or female)
Click here to visit the 2017 event page
National Senior Advisory Group
Golf Australia recognises the importance of a direct link with senior golfers to ensure that policies relating to senior players are in the best interests of both parties and golf generally in Australia. Accordingly, the National Senior Advisory Group was re-established in August 2012. Each of Golf Australia’s Member Associations has a representative on the Group. These representatives are:
> Chris Gordon (NSW)
> Mal Guerin (NT)
> Luke Bates (Qld)
> Chris Everett (SA)
> Stuart Eaton (Tas)
> Anthony Hyde (Vic)
> Ian McPherson (WA)
> Josie Ryan (Qld) – female representative
Seniors golfers may contact their representative regarding any matters relating to senior golf. The representatives’ details can be ascertained by contacting Golf Australia or the relevant State Association.
Australian Senior Order of Merit Website